Formatting CSV Files
Currently, EverTrue only accepts CSV (comma-separated values) files. Tab or pipe delimited files are not accepted.
- File must be CSV (comma-separated values).
- See Comma Separated Values
- We adopt the RFC 4180 standard.
- Fields containing line breaks, double quotes, and commas should be enclosed in double quotes.
- If double quotes are used to enclose fields, then a double quote appearing inside a field must be escaped by preceding it with another double quote.
- File must use CRLF or LF newline EOL markers (unix standard or MS-DOS).
- File must be UTF8 encoded.
- Encoding a file is different for every database. For most databases, it is possible to set the encoding of your file when you are exporting. It can be selected as a setting, along with the file type. In other instances, this may require additional programming to set the encoding or manual tweaking after the fact. Unfortunately, a few databases do not allow this type of encoding, but most of the time it can be done post-export.
- File can be compressed when using SFTP. We support zip or gzip compression (.zip or .gz), and recommend compressing all files before uploading.
For any other questions reach out to the Genius Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.