Getting Started with Data Manager
The Data Manager Platform is where our importer lives (it will not be visible until enablement). Follow the steps below to get started on importing using the Data Manager Platform. Note: Our previous importer was Console.
- Log in to the Data Manager.
- Under Import Data select New Import.
- Under Upload File you can either drag and drop a file or select the file from your computer.
- Note: The first time a file type (i.e. constituent, interactions, or proposals) is imported to EverTrue it may take longer than any subsequent imports of the same type.
- This will kick off a File Pre-Check popup that will verify that the file is a valid CSV file (the popup may be slower to appear for large files). Under Results it will indicate whether the file validation was completed or it will indicate what errors occurred. Click Continue in the top right when ready.
- Use the dropdown under Select Import Type to indicate the file type. Sometimes not all possible file types will appear. This is because Data Manager scans the file headers to auto-match file types. Listed are the file type options:
- Comprehensive Contact File (Constituents)
- Portfolio Assignments
- Volunteer Assignments
- You will be able to select Partial Import (which allows you to make changes only to records that are in the import file) or Full Import (which replaces records previously imported with the records that are in the import file).
- Click Continue in the bottom right when ready.
- The next screen is the mapping screen. All fields supported by the file type selected will be listed in the left pane. Some of these fields will already be mapped to fields found in the import file. In the top-right pane the unmapped fields will appear. You can drag and drop any fields that are not yet mapped to their appropriate field. If you need any help with definitions you can refer to the file guides here.
- For field types that can have multiple field values (e.g. Solicitation Codes) you will be able to select the + in front of the field name in order to add more columns.
- Some field types that have multiple field values include a gear icon vs a + icon (e.g. Annual Gift Total). You will be able to select the gear icon at the top-left of the field type to add more mapping columns.
- For field types that may have multiple data sets (such as Addresses) you will be able to select the + on the right hand side in order to add more data sets of that type.
- For custom fields you will be able to select the + to add additional columns to one field.
- Once you complete mapping, if there are any fields that you do not want to map for any reason you can drag them to the Explicitly Skipped Fields pane or select Skip all above the Unmapped Fields pane. The Unmapped Fields pane must be empty to move forward. Click Continue when you are ready.
- If you get the following error, this means that the job from the job ID listed on the error has not yet been imported or cancelled and you will be unable to process additional imports until that import has been finalized.
- The importer will start the Pre-Processing process which will identify any changes or errors that have occurred by running through the process. This is to help you identify if changes will need to be made to the file before the import starts. You will get the following import type record counts as well as a .CSV file listing any warnings or errors (View Results).
- Records Inspected: The number of records that were inspected during processing.
- To Be Created: The number of records that will be created due to no matching ID in platform.
- To Be Updated: The number of records that will be updated due to new or changed data in the import file.
- To Be Deleted: The number of records that will be deleted due to those records not residing in the file (and the import being processed as a Full Import).
- Unchanged: The number of records that will not be changed due to no new or changed data in the import file.
- Skipped: The number of records that have data that will be skipped over due to duplicates. Only the duplicate data will be skipped, the remaining records will still be updated.
- Errors: The number of records that have errors that do not allow for importing (the record will not be imported).
- Warnings: The number of records that may have an odd format (the record will still be updated).
- At this stage you can either cancel the import by selecting Cancel Import or commence importing by selecting Start Import.
- After the import is complete you can download the log file by selecting Download Log File.
Do I need to reimplement my data or can I use my existing data files?
You do not need to reimplement or modify your data. You can use your existing files to perform these imports.
Can I go back to using Console?
We will disable Console to ensure there are no data issues.
Can I see these imports in Console?
No, you cannot see any of the imports performed in Data Manager in Console. Likewise, you cannot view your existing imports from Console in Data Manager.
Can I skip through the file check and (or) pre-processing steps?
You need to complete those steps to perform a file import.
How can I provide feedback?
You can provide feedback using the feedback link on the top right corner of the Importer List page.
Will I receive email notification when a file import is completed?
Currently, email notifications are not set up. This feature will be available in the future.
Why am I unable to import a new file?
It is possible that you have a pending file import with a file that has completed pre-processing. Please cancel import for that file before you can import a new one.
In the status breakdown, the number of files inspected do not match the total number of files that are being updated/contain warnings etc.
This may happen because some of the constituent IDs are getting grouped in the results file. Please view the details in the results file.
How can I cancel an import job?
You can cancel an import after you complete pre-processing. We will add the ability to cancel imports at an earlier stage in the future.
Why is my import file not getting accepted?
Please validate that it is a CSV file. The error messages display if it is in an invalid CSV file or if it is missing headers.
Why is my gift file not getting accepted?
It is possible that the “Gifts” gate is not enabled for your organization. If you see an error message “Matched mapping Gifts is not available”, please reach out to email@example.com and we will enable the setting for you.
How long will my previous imports be available on the importer list page?
They will be available for 90 days to download.
How can I add additional fiscal years?
Please click on the gear icon beside the relevant “Annual Gift Total” field and select all the years that you would like to include
I am unable to proceed after the mapping step as some fields are being shown as unmapped although I completed mapping all the fields.
It is possible that some fields are not being mapped correctly based on the set up. Please review whether all fields are correctly mapped. Ensure that there are no fields present in the “Unmapped fields” section. If it doesn’t solve the issue, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
I am stuck/unable to perform an import and do not know how to proceed further.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will help you resolve any issues that you may encounter.
For any other questions reach out to EverTrue Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 yr agoLast active