Getting Started with Windfall
Windfall is a wealth screening company that collects information about your most affluent individuals, identifying constituents with a household net worth of $1 million or more.
Once those individuals are identified, we will display the following data for those constituents in EverTrue, viewable within the Enrichment tab of a constituent profile:
- Household net worth
- Physical assets (e.g. boat, plane, multiple properties)
- Wealth indicators (e.g. board memberships)
- Philanthropic interest (for additional information on these interests, check out this article)
- Life events (e.g. recent mover)
- Last noteworthy change date (i.e. the date of the last refresh in which we found a meaningful difference in data)
- Wealth enrichment last update date (i.e. when your Windfall data was last updated)
Since advancement offices rely on a number of outside data sources to identify potential donors with high capacity, identifying these individuals requires a detailed understanding of their personal interests, experiences, and wealth. Other processes for gathering this information require a large amount of working hours to produce a list of potential prospects, and the information found often goes out of date quickly. EverTrue has the ability to automate this process and provide a single point of truth for more accurate and up-to-date data (we refresh the information in the first week of each month!).
You will need to reach out to your Customer Success Manager to discuss enabling this premium feature, as there is a cost associated. Our EverTrue Support Team ( email@example.com) and our Data Resources can answer technical questions you might have about getting started with implementation. Once you have secured Windfall for your account, your Customer Success Manager will turn this feature on in the EverTrue platform for you.
When enabling Windfall, you will need to have your constituent data uploaded in the EverTrue Console. This can be uploaded by your Data Manager. Once uploaded, this information will be reflected in the platform.
We suggest establishing internal expectations when enabling Windfall . Below are some business-related questions to consider as a team:
- How does this work in relation to other wealth tools? (how will you use this data uniquely in comparison to other tools?)
- Where does it complement tools you might already use?
- How is this different from other wealth screening tools we use?
- How do you want people on your team to use Windfall data?
- What is the timeline for implementing this feature?
Why did Windfall not return data on a person I know to be wealthy?
It might be because:
- The household's net worth is less than $1 million.
- The household net worth is greater than $1 million, but Windfall does not have enough confidence to provide an estimate and wants to avoid a "false positive."
- We could not match the person based on information provided (e.g. incomplete data).
If necessary, we can take constituents' names (matched or not) to the Windfall team to ask for further explanation behind a net worth rating.
How does Windfall explain match rates?
Windfall practices conservative matching logic in order to avoid providing you with false positives. We use contact information such as name, address, email, phone, spouse information, employer data, etc. to match to Windfall's dataset.
Can Windfall provide net new: names or addresses for other individuals that could donate to our organization?
Windfall relies on your first party data to match to our dataset. Windfall does not sell lists. That said, as long as a household is in your database, Windfall can attempt to match it.
How does Net Worth compare to Capacity Score?
Capacity Score or Gift Capacity typically uses historical data on giving. This data can be inaccurate and misleading, and it is also believed that historical data isn't necessarily a good indicator of future giving. Net Worth is a much better metric, with a more holistic view of an individual's capacity to give.
How can I get Windfall data out of EverTrue?
If you are an Owner/Admin within the platform, you can export the raw data through Settings > Export Files. Otherwise, you can export the Windfall net worth data through the standard export workflow.
Are Windfall philanthropic interests available in filters?
Windfall philanthropic interests are available in filters via the Interests filter. The NTEE (National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities) descriptions are searchable via our filters. This also hold true for political affiliations.
As you continue getting started with Windfall, we recommend checking out some of our training resources on this topic.
- Check out our webinar hosted by our CEO as well as the CEO of Windfall!
- See how customers have used Windfall:
- Read through our EverTrue+Windfall integration page.
- Listen to our RAISE Podcast with Arup Banerjee of Windfall.
- Watch our EverTrue University, course 301 episode 1, Windfall.
- Take a look at Windfall's own webpage.
- Request a training with your Customer Success Manager
For any other questions reach out to the Genius Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.