Data Sync Total Giving and Categorized Giving Configuration (RE NXT)
Overall Total Giving Configuration
Total giving can be counted by campaign:
- Which includes the following gift types (including hard and soft credit):
- Pledge (BALANCE)
- MatchingGiftPledge (BALANCE)
or total giving can be counted by cash in the door (including hard and soft credit):
- Which includes the following gift types:
Important Note: Pledges with write offs will be shown as a Last Gift or Largest Gift to show donors intent however pledge write offs will not be listed in the gift transactions file and the pledge write off will inform the calculations of Lifetime Giving.
If a donor has a $14 pledge that was written off-- the pledge will still be included under Last Gift and/or Largest Gift. However, the pledge being fully written off however would result in a lifetime giving of $0. See example below.
Split Gift Specifics
- Entire gifts, even when split between multiple designations, are used when computing statistics. For example, a $10,000 gift split between four designations would count as a single $10,000 gift in total giving calculations, rather than four separate gifts. Counting entire gifts ensures that the donor’s intent (i.e., to give $10,000 to a school, rather than four separate gifts totaling $10,000) is reflected in EverTrue’s data. Gift label fields in EverTrue reflect all of the designations to which a gift was made (e.g., “Annual Fund” or “Annual Fund/Library Endowment/Smith Family Scholarship”)
Most Recent Gift Specifics
- If there are multiple gifts on the same day, the LARGEST gift is shown
- Pledge payments are included
- If the most recent gift’s type is Pledge or MatchingGiftPledge, the current balance is shown
Largest Gift Specifics
- When there are multiple gifts all tied for largest, the MOST RECENT largest gift is shown
- Pledge payments are included
- The full gift amount is used, so when a gift is split between multiple designations the largest gift will reflect the full gift amount rather than the largest gift split. As above, this approach is used to ensure the donor’s actual intent and behavior are reflected in EverTrue’s data.
- If the largest gift’s type is Pledge or MatchingGiftPledge, the current balance is shown
Recurring Payment Specifics
- If a gift with type RecurringGift or RecurringGiftPayment has been made within the last <recurring_gift_threshold> days, then this flag is set to YES
- recurring_gift_threshold is set in the platform configuration
- If no recurring_gift_threshold is specified, it defaults to 60 days
Yearly Giving Totals Specifics
- For pledges, the current pledge balance is counted for the year in which the pledge was made and the pledge payments are counted for the year(s) in which they are made. This is consistent with RE NXT’s default gift counting.
Categorized Giving Configuration
- Hard and soft credit are both included in calculations.
- To compute categorized giving, splits are treated as individual gifts. For example, a $10,000 gift split between four designations with $1,000 going to the annual fund would be treated as a $1,000 annual fund donation if the giving category is annual fund.
- Write-offs cannot be computed for categorized giving
- Full amount of gift has to go to all soft credit recipients