Proposal Form Configuration
Use the guide below to decide how you would like to configure your Proposal form in EverTrue. This may be the first time you are standardizing the proposal process, or you may be recreating an existing form in EverTrue. Either way, we have customization options that should fit your team's needs and requirements! For additional information, you can reference the Proposal File Guide.
You can also assign a particular amount to a particular stage in Proposals, which will dictate the amount that is highlighted in EverTrue when you are looking at a particular stage within your proposal. For example, users might assign the "ask" amount to the Solicit stage, and so forth. To configure this feature, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Required: Your organization must be sending assignment data through our new RM Assignment model. You are on this model if you see a "Portfolio" tab in EverTrue (not "My Portfolios"), and if you deliver an RM assignment file to Console.
Questions to Answer Internally
We suggest having an all-hands internal meeting to establish your proposal form and set guidelines that will be used by your entire institution. Here are a few questions to help get that conversation started.
- How do you expect your users to interact with the form? When? How often?
- Will EverTrue's proposal form be the primary entry method of proposals?
- Will your team still be able to enter proposals in your database?
- Are you looking to simplify or improve your current process? If so, how?
- What fields do you require from your team when writing a proposal?
- What teams at your institution will be using this form? Does every team use the same process? Will you need to combine requirements from those teams into a singular institution-wide form?
EverTrue's Proposal form includes the following fields, some of which are standard and others that are configured. See notes on fields that require configuration assistance from EverTrue below:
- Additional Prospects: these can be configured for you by EverTrue.
- Title (required)
- Proposal Type
- Date Created (defaults to today)
- Solicitors (max 5 - these can be configured for you by EverTrue).
- Solicitor Titles: these can be configured for you by EverTrue)
- Key Proposals: indicate which proposals are key proposals. This information can be imported by your organization or be enabled through a gate.
- Proposal Stage: these values are imported to EverTrue, but the values in that field can be adjusted (added, removed, or updated) in data.evertrue.
- Original Ask Date & Amount
- Current Ask Date & Amount
- Expected Ask Date & Amount
- Funded Ask Date & Amount
- Active (y/n)
- Launchpad (y/n): this is set by a gate, and will indicate whether this proposal is included in your Launchpad instance.
- Confidence Rating (percentage)
- Designation Type: select where the designation for your proposal funds (i.e. Annual Fund). Select up to 5.
- Designation Value: percentage to indicate how much of the proposal is designated where. these can be configured for you by EverTrue.
- Custom Fields: optional, these are imported to EverTrue by your institution.
All proposals entered in EverTrue will come out in an export for you to push back into your database. Reach out to your implementation specialist or email@example.com if you have any questions!