Annual Giving Playbook (Chapter 1): Launch Checklist
We know that annual giving teams face big challenges from decreasing participation and stagnant dollar totals. So let’s think creatively about who you’re reaching and how as we reverse these trends using EverTrue to access better information that powers better asks.
In this guide, you’ll find tips on using EverTrue to build the right saved searches, surface new potential donors, pick great topics for solicitations, and execute a comprehensive, modern annual giving strategy.
Complete this checklist to get the most out of your partnership with EverTrue and break some annual fund records!
- Designate an “owner” who is responsible for ongoing oversight of your EverTrue partnership.
- Make sure every person on your team has the right training. Give them this playbook and set up a coaching session or attend an EverTrue 101 webinar .
- Put the best information into the hands of every team member. Have every user download the EverTrue Advancement app to their smartphone and tablet (it’s available in the App Store or Google Play).
- Think about groups that you want to target. Build corresponding searches in EverTrue to customize outreach to each cohort.
- Uncover potential new donors who are engaging with you right now on Facebook by creating a saved search to monitor their activity.
- Share saved searches and lists with team members via EverTrue for better collaboration.
- Export a saved search or list and use it for an appeal. Track your results!
- If needed, add custom data fields to EverTrue to enhance your search filters and outreach. Let your Customer Success Manager know if you want to do this!
- As you plan your annual outreach, use EverTrue for each appeal to create better saved searches, collaborate on list creation, and surface new prospects.
- Share success stories with your Customer Success Manager. We love to hear about the great work you’re doing!
For Chapter 2, click here!