LinkedIn Insights [BETA]
If "LinkedIn [BETA]" has been enabled for your institution, information on each section of that offering can be found below.
How many constituents are matched to LinkedIn Profiles?
This summary section displays the number of matched LinkedIn constituents, with breakdowns into Matched Donors vs. Non-Donors. These results are pulled directly from a search (linked to the right of the number).
How do Matched Donors compare with Non-Matched Donors?
LinkedIn matches are direct email matches, i.e. based on emails on record. This summary section compares data on matched donors vs. non-donors to provide additional information comparing those two groups. This set of data can prove interesting if you consider that matched donors are constituents who have given to your institution where you have an accurate email, i.e. one that is associated with their LinkedIn profile.
Top 10 Companies, Industries, and Locations Matched on LinkedIn
Look here for a snapshot into your organization’s top 10 companies, industries and locations matched on LinkedIn. Note, you will likely see your organization listed as the top “company” due to the high LinkedIn match rate for people who work at your organization. It is also likely that people who work for your organization have a high participation rate - great job!
You also have the option to summarize your top 10 data by four different categories: Matched Constituent, Typical Lifetime Giving, Total Lifetime Giving, Matched Donors. Select one of these options from the dropdown menu on the right side of your screen.
Companies, Industries, and Locations
Each tab (Companies, Industries, and Locations) displays the top 100 items for your organization.
- Companies - The top LinkedIn Companies that employ your matched constituents.
- Industries - The top LinkedIn Industries that employ your matched constituents.
- Locations - The top LinkedIn Locations that contain your matched constituents.
Under each section, you can filter the results by name. E.g. Filter on “Education” under Industry to see education industries, such as higher education, education management, and primary/secondary education.
You can also sort each column in the table ascending or descending.
- Company, Industry, or Location: Includes LinkedIn Industry name & total lifetime giving associated with that Company, Industry, or Location
- Matched Constituents: The number of matched constituents who self-identify as a part of that company, industry, or location.
- Typical Lifetime Giving: Uses the 40th and 60th percentile of Total Lifetime Giving from LinkedIn Matched Donors.
- Total Lifetime Giving: Total Lifetime Giving of all LinkedIn Matched Donors for that company, industry, or location.
- Lifetime Participation: Giving participation rate of LinkedIn Matched Donors. I.e. LI Matched Donors/Matched Donors (for that company, industry, or location.
- Sort by “Typical lifetime Giving” to see the companies, industries, or locations who produce the largest givers.
- Sort by “Total Lifetime Giving” under Industry to see what industries have generated the most revenue for your organization.
- Sort by “Lifetime Participation” under Location to see potential location for you next event.
- Take any of your top companies or industries, return to the main constituent directory, and run the following search to produce a list of highly engaged top donors who could become a giving evangelist for your organization.
- One or all of those companies and/or industries
- Is a donor
- Engaged on Facebook
- (Optional) Lifetime Giving > 1000
- (Optional) Facebook Likes > 5
- (Optional) Unassigned
(Click here to applies these filters, then add your organization specific industries or companies.)
Other questions that can be answered:
- Which industries or companies have the most non-donors (based on LinkedIn data)?
- Which companies should I prioritize when doing a company lunch or event?
- See Top Companies
- Which industries should I prioritize for an industry event?
- See Top Industries
- I’m looking to plan a trip or event - what areas are our constituents concentrated in (based on LinkedIn Data)?
- See Top Locations
- What are the highest giving regions of the country (based on LinkedIn data)?
- Sort Location on either Total Lifetime Giving, Typical Lifetime Giving, or Lifetime Participation, descending.