Data Implementation Step-by-Step
Below are the basic steps necessary for a successful data implementation with EverTrue. Please use this as a resource when needed, while also noting that these steps may not follow the exact path your organization will take. Each implementation is unique to the needs of our customers. We suggest connecting with your Implementation Specialist before getting started. They will provide further guidance and support during this process.
Steps for Data Implementation
(1) File Rough Drafts - Begin a rough draft of all needed data extracts from your database, each containing the necessary fields from our Field Reference Guide.
(2) Data Prep Call - Hold a Data Prep call with your Implementation Specialist to answer any lingering questions and review the data format.
(3) Export for Review - Complete your rough draft(s), export them into a CSV file, and send it to your Specialist for review using our Loading Dock. They will then send you feedback on your file(s) in order to get your data in tip-top shape.
(4) Finalized Export and EverTrue Import - Once your data file format is set and you have exported your official CSV(s), head to Console (our data management platform) to import your data. Credentials to and instructions for Console will be provided by your Specialist when ready.
(5) Mapping - During an import, you will map your data fields to EverTrue's fields before processing your file. To do this, EverTrue will populate your file's field headers in several drop-down menus for easy mapping.
(6) Process - After mapping all your fields, process the import!
- If after your import you have any questions or concerns about the processing, feel free to contact either your Implementation Specialist or our Customer Support team (email@example.com).
(6) Review Data, Implementation Complete
- When ready, your specialist will invite you to review the data in the platform. Once you give the green light that everything looks great and any additional platform configuration is complete, you have successfully implemented EverTrue!
- Up-to-date data is crucial for EverTrue and the success of your users. We will work together to set a plan to make sure EverTrue is kept up-to-date with your latest donor data. Nightly imports are preferred, but we recommend sending new data to EverTrue at least weekly. If possible for your organization, EverTrue does offer the option to deliver files via SFTP.