If you have been designated as your organization’s EverTrue Owner, you have the ability to invite your colleagues to become users, manage them, and then delete them once they leave your org. Follow the instructions below to get started!
In this Article
- Inviting Users How-To
- Unique Invitations
- Bulk Invite New Users
- LinkedIn Authentication
- Deleting Users
1. Open the User Menu located in the top right corner of the platform.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Navigate to the " Manage Team" tab, where you can:
- Invite new users
- Manage existing users
- Manage pending invitations
4. Click " Invite Team Member" and a pop-up will appear. Here, you can invite users one at a time. (If you'd like to add/edit users in bulk, let us know!) If your institution has implemented SSO authentication for EverTrue, your invitation flow will be similar but include an additional data point, UID.;
Enter the user's information: first name, last name, email address, title, role, classification, and department*. Note, please only send user invitations to emails associated with your organization (see more below).
- For EverTrue Role, most people will be users.
- Users: Login access to the EverTrue platform
- Owners: everything that Users have access to plus the ability to export data, add/remove other users, make portfolio changes,
- The Department values are set by the Owner/Admins of your account. To add/edit the list of departments, reach out to EverTrue Support.
5. Finally, click “ Invite Users” to email an invitation right to the individual! Each user will need to click the unique link provided in that email to log in for the first time.
Please send all user invitations to emails associated with your organization. Not only is this the email the user will be registered with, but also where notifications and export file links will be sent from the platform.
Each user will be required to connect to LinkedIn (see below for more information). Note that the LinkedIn credentials you use do not have to use your email associated with your organization. You can use any email address for LinkedIn authentication. Once logged in using LinkedIn, EverTrue will associate those credentials with their EverTrue user, which uses your organizational email.
Each user invite is specific to that individual and cannot be shared. EverTrue user accounts cannot be shared and well as LinkedIn accounts cannot be shared. After a user has logged in for the first time and activated their account, they can access the platform by going directly to app.evertrue.com.
Bulk Invite New Users
In the case that you have multiple new users, you can easily add them all at one time with our Bulk Invite Team Members feature. From the 'Invite Team Members' screen, click the 'Bulk Invite via CSV' button, where you will be given the following instructions:
Download our preformatted sample spreadsheet, add your new user information, save as a .CSV file, and then use the Choose File button to upload the file. Once it has uploaded, click Invite!
1. The classification field is case sensitive and only accepts one of the following values. If an incorrect value is provided, the entire bulk invite will fail.
Advancement Leadership (VP or above)
Alumni Relations / Career Development
Annual Fund (incl. Volunteer Managers)
Communications / Social Media
Donor Experience Officer
Gift Officer (and support staff)
Prospect Research / Management / Development
2. Existing users must not be included in your bulk invitation. Including users who already have access to EverTrue will cause the bulk invitation to fail outright.
EverTrue LinkedIn Authentication
To access EverTrue, users have the option of connecting with LinkedIn. Click here for more information on LinkedIn Authentication and security.
To remove a user on EverTrue, an EverTrue owner needs to click Manage Team, then find the trash can icon next to that user's name.
Clicking the trash can will remove that user completely from EverTrue. To remove EverTrue Console access, please contact email@example.com.
Once a user is removed from the platform, their data is also removed. That means saved searches, lists, trips, and any other information stored within that user's account is deleted. The one exception is with shared lists or saved searches, where there are multiple collaborators. If another individual has access to that former user's list or saved search for collaboration purposes, they will still be able to access it. Notes that are made by a user would fall under interactions, and those comments are preserved as well.
Relationship Management users: unless your institution decides to stop sending over the data for that former user's portfolio assignments, that data will also no longer be visible or accessible within the platform.
Should you have additional questions on logistics associated with off-boarding research, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.