Setting Up Your Stripe Account
Steps for getting started with Stripe, EverTrue’s payment processing partner, can be found below. In no time at all you will have a fully implemented, ready-to-use online giving platform for your constituents!
Create A Stripe Account
EverTrue has partnered with Stripe to provide our customers with an easy-to-use payment processing platform. Stripe maintains a terrific end-user payment experience with a simple dashboard for managing payments. It also provides a powerful API for dynamic gift reconciliation and an integration for payment processing where neither EverTrue nor our customers need to handle PCI-level credit card information. All donations made through Online Giving are fully processed by Stripe.
Let's Get Started!
- Go to stripe.com
- Click “Sign up” or go directly to Stripe’s Registration Page to get started.
- Enter an email and password, then click “Create your Stripe account.” You will want to create the Standard account type.
- Once you are on the Stripe Dashboard, navigate to “Your Account,” located in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click “Activate Account...”
- Fill out the necessary account details, then click “Activate account.”
- Make sure to select “Non-profit” as the business type under “Account details.”
- You will need Bank Account and Routing information in order to begin.
- As the Stripe user setting up your institution's account, Stripe may ask for the last four-digits of your social security number. This is required by Stripe to ensure that you are legally authorized to represent the institution. This is a security measure taken by Stripe to ensure authenticity and protect your institution - it is in your best interest that they request this information. For more information on this from Stripe directly, click here.
Connecting to EverTrue
Once your Stripe account is activated, if you are an EverTrue Owner (our version of an Admin) you will be able to connect your Stripe account with EverTrue. This allows us to create charges on your behalf. To connect your account...
- Go to EverTrue >> Giving Pages (in the left-side menu)
- If you are an Owner of your account, you'll be prompted to connect your Stripe account. (If your account has already been connected, you'll be dropped into a screen that allows you to begin creating giving pages. In this case, you're all set to continue.)
- Follow the prompts to authorize the Stripe/EverTrue connection using your Stripe email and password.
Note, if your Stripe account is not activated, you can only interact with Stripe is test mode. Test mode allows you access to all Stripe features except the ability to make a real charge to a credit card. You can only connect active Stripe accounts to EverTrue.
With the EverTrue/Stripe partnership, there are certain benefits that our customers are provided from Stripe directly. Your Implementation Specialist will assist you in making sure your Stripe account is marked to receive those benefits and discounts. You can also email email@example.com if you have any questions about whether this benefit has been enabled for your institution.
All questions about Stripe and your account with them should be directed to them here: https://support.stripe.com/