Getting Started with SFTP Data Automation
Here at EverTrue, we offer the ability to automate the data transfer. We highly encourage your organization to pursue this option, if available to you. Fundraisers rely on up-to-date, accurate data, so more frequent data updates mean more dollars for your team.
If your database supports scheduled exports or your institution's IT team will be scripting the CSV file and can create a job to run the file on a schedule, we recommend using SFTP. (Be sure to contact your database vendor about options you might not be aware of.) SFTP allows you to send data files to EverTrue on a recurring basis and works with Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Note: Please send us compressed files (.gzip or .zip) for a safer file processing experience.
Your team can set up SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) with EverTrue using the instructions below.
- Complete manual imports and field mapping in Console of your data files to ensure everything is configured correctly prior to automating transfers. (For guidance on what fields to include, check out our field reference guide.) If you find any issues with your import, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or reference our error guide.
- Set up a scheduled export of those same CSV data files. (To fully automate the transfer process, the export from your CRM must also be automated.)
- If you are still in Implementation, contact your Implementation Specialist to request SFTP credentials. If not, you can request them from EverTrue's Customer Support at email@example.com. This request can take up to 48 hours to process.
- Using an SFTP client or other method, connect via SFTP to your EverTrue uploads folder and deliver your first (constituent) file. (Make sure to use the correct file naming conventions for SFTP.) From there, you can deliver any subsequent files, like interaction, proposals, etc.
If you need to test your credentials or simply send a one-time file, we recommend using an SFTP client such as WiSCP or Cyberduck.
- After your first file transfers have been picked up (within a few minutes of delivery), log into Console and confirm the mappings. Your mappings should be set from your first manual import, but double-check to make sure you're happy with how things came out.
- The first imports may not automatically process if EverTrue has yet to enable "auto-ingestion." EverTrue will need to configure our backend to accept your files before the entire process is automated.
Please confirm the mapping and click "import" to process the first delivered files manually. Then, email your implementation specialist or firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you are ready to begin auto-processing files.
- Once auto-ingestion is enabled, subsequent files via SFTP will be automatically imported if the file format is recognized (based on the mapping ID). If we receive a file that is unrecognized, we will pause the import process to allow you time to resolve the mapping. EverTrue Support will follow-up with an alert, letting you know we have re-enabled auto-ingestion.
- To finalize a full automation of data, you may wish to enable auto-deletions. Please notify EverTrue Support or your implementation specialist with written consent to enable this feature.
- Imports sent via SFTP will still send out a notification when complete. Notification settings can be found in Console > Notifications. Those imports will also be listed in Console under Past Imports.
- A manual import is required before imports sent via SFTP can process. This is a one-time requirement in order to correctly map your fields. If you've followed the steps listed above, Imports should run automatically after that.
- If the file headers for your import change to a set we do not recognize (in either order, names, or number), then you will need to re-map and manually process your file. Changes to your file format will turn off automatic importing to protect your data from unintended changes. You will need to contact Customer Support at email@example.com to turn automatic importing back on.
- Use EverTrue's file naming conventions to properly name each file so that the platform correctly processes your data. For example, an interaction file must have .interactions.csv at the end of the file name for EverTrue to process it as an interaction file.
Please note: if you have a public key you would like to use, please notify your Implementation Manager at the beginning of the SFTP configuration process. If you are not in implementation, please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.