CSV File Formatting
Currently, EverTrue only accepts CSV (comma-separated values) files. Tab or pipe delimited files are not accepted.
- File must be CSV (comma-separated values)
- See Comma Separated Values
- We adopt the RFC 4180 standard
- Fields containing line breaks, double quotes, and commas should be enclosed in double-quotes.
- If double-quotes are used to enclose fields, then a double-quote appearing inside a field must be escaped by preceding it with another double quote.
- File must use CRLF or LF newline EOL markers (unix standard or MS-DOS)
- File must be UTF8 encoded.
- Encoding a file is different for every database. For most databases, it is possible to set the encoding of your file when you are exporting. It can be selected as a setting, along with the file type. In other instances, this may require additional programming to set the encoding or manual tweaking after the fact. Unfortunately, there are a few databases that do not allow this type of encoding, but most of the time it can be done post-export.
- File can be compressed when using SFTP. We support zip or gzip compression (.zip or .gz), and recommend compressing all files before uploading.